Monday 14 May 2012

Thing 2: Investigating Other Blogs

This was a task I enjoyed doing- I'm good at being nosy!

One of the best examples I read was the 'Overcoming the Online Fear' post http://teaandscone.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/overcoming-the-online-fear-thing-2/#comments which talks about the value of social media and 'putting yourself out there.' and the benefits of this for librarianship. 'People on the outside are encouraged by the openness in the profession and feel welcomed and encouraged to join '

It has been really interesting to see the wide range of people taking part in Cpd23- at all stages of the profession, from all areas of the profession, and many different places around the world. So far, I've mostly just been reading posts taken from the side bar of the Cpd23 website but I've noticed that quite a few bloggers have been linking to more established blogs by people in the information world. So- moving on to reading these has been added to my 'things to do' list.

I also need to start to 'pimp' my blog- add my twitter account to it etc. However, I think I'll wait until after 'Thing Four' to do that.

One question though- am I the only librarian who doesn't like cats?!

Today's photo is taken from Caye Caulker in Belize - a holiday of a lifetime. Whoever is lucky enough to work here has the perfect job. Although maybe they think the same about me working in Central London surrounded by world famous shops, museums and bars?!

No comments:

Post a Comment